Resarch Data Management
12 November 2020
Uhrzeit: 10:00am - 11:30am
Registration: until 29 October 2020
für Mitglieder der University of Bayreuth Graduate School: https://baydoc.uni-bayreuth.de
für PostDocs und Habilitierende über das WiN-UBT Portal
The workshop provides insight into the topic "Research Data Management".
In a combination of presentation and discussion, we will address the following questions with you:
- What does research data management actually mean and how can data management of digital data succeed?
- What are "FAIR" Data?
- What requirements do the various funding organisations have when dealing with research data?
- What is the purpose of a data management plan?
- How can research data be stored?
- What metadata standards are available?
- How can research data be published?
- Which licenses are available and where can I get more information on publishing my data?
We present our RDM services, which are available to you as a researcher at the University of Bayreuth.
The workshop is aimed at participants who are interested in a first overview in Research Data Management.
- Clemens Engelhardt, University Library Bayreuth (Metadata, Open Access)
- Dr. Ursula Higgins, Office of Research Support (Research Funding, Grants)
- Dr. Thomas Martin, IT Service Center (Datamagement, Technical Support)
- Dr. Birgit Regenfuß, University Library Bayreuth (Repositories, Datajournals, Authoridentification)
We would like to draw attention to the offer of the language center to participants who want to improve their English or other languages.
For reasons of respect and fairness towards all participants and the workshop leaders, participants who miss more than 10% of the workshop are considered not to be present. You will therefore not receive a certificate and you will not be able to use the workshop in question to unlock funds or acquire further qualifications.