The bridging fund support doctoral candidates at the UNIVERSITY OF BAYREUTH GRADUATE SCHOOL during financial shortfalls and enables them to begin or continue their work at the University of Bayreuth. It builds a financial bridge for a funding gap between two research projects or scholarships. It provides the opportunity to finance the employment of doctoral candidates with 18 hours/week up to four months.
Which situations are supported?
- Prior to start of an research project or scholarship
- Unforeseen financial shortfalls during the doctorate
- Hardship cases (also with reference to the family-friendly doctoral conditions)
The finalization of a thesis or the time until the oral examination takes place (disputation) is not supported!
First Step – Consultation
- Before submitting an application, you must consult the management team of the UBT Graduate School. Our team will check whether you meet the criteria.
Second Step – Application
- The application is informal and there is no specific "application form". The required documents depend on the circumstances of the application and your specific case. Documents may include:
- Brief statement from the primary supervisor
- Brief description of your current funding
- Timeline of your doctoral project
- Copy of a grant/scholarship application (may be pending)
Find more information here: https://www.intranet.uni-bayreuth.de/en/win/UBT-Graduate-School-EN/06-fwf/index.html
Applications can be submitted at any time. They will be checked promptly and decisions are made quickly.
Please submit applications to the office of the UNIVERSITY OF BAYREUTH GRADUATE SCHOOL.
Please direct enquiries to Dr. Mabel Braun (Phone +49 (0)921 / 55-7788, firstname.lastname@example.org).