How to Become a Member in the University of Bayreuth Graduate School
The University of Bayreuth Graduate School is a central support unit of the University of Bayreuth and is open to all PhD candidates of the University of Bayreuth.
You want to become a member?
Start with the registration portal of your doctoral institution.
- You can become a member of the University of Bayreuth Graduate School only after your doctorate has been accepted by a doctoral institution of the University of Bayreuth (faculty or graduate center). To achieve this, you must be registered online at a doctoral institution and submitted an application to the doctoral institution for "Acceptance as PHD student" in accordance with the doctoral regulations.
- After acceptance of your doctorate you can apply for membership in the University of Bayreuth Graduate School via your portal BayDOC, where you are registered for your doctorate. In your portal BayDOC you will find the tab "Graduate School".
- Please note:
Applications for membership must be carried out within the first year after your acceptance as PHD student!
Steps to complete
- If you have not been accepted as PHD student yet, you will see this view on the tab "Graduate School"Hide
With this view, an application for membership is not possible yet. Please wait until your status is set to "PhD student accepted".
- If you have been accepted as PHD student, you will see the application for membership on the tab "Graduate School"Hide
There are three steps to complete:
1. on this page: please click the button in front of the text "Hereby I apply for membership in the University of Bayreuth Graduate School".
2. on this page: please click the button "Submit application". As soon as you have sent the application, you will receive an automated message to the e-mail address you entered. Enclosed you will receive the original application as PDF-file.
3. print out the PDF-file, sign it and send it to the office of the University of Bayreuth Graduate Schooll (by internal mail or by post).
After examination of the application and acceptance as a member of the UBT Graduate School you will receive another e-mail from the office. This process usually takes 1 - 2 weeks
- If you have been accepted as PHD student, but the 12 month application period has expiredHide
Membership is no longer possible because the registration period of 12 months after your acceptance as PHD student has expired.
You are already a member? Login via the member portal
Link to the member portal of the University of Bayreuth Graduate School