Supporting institutions for doctoral candidates
The following units at the University of Bayreuth provide support for doctoral candidates.
- University of Bayreuth Graduate SchoolHide
- Individual Budget: How can I use my individual budget and finance the planned activity?
- Career Advice for Doctoral Candidates and Postdocs (academic and non-academic careers)
- Bringing fund for bridging financial gaps
Counselling concerning funding opportunities (scholarships, grants) cannot currently be provided.
- Coordination of WiN qualification program
- Public relations and media
Management University of Bayreuth Graduate School
Phone: +49 (0)921 / 55-7782
- Fortbildungszentrum Hochschullehre (FBZHL)Hide
The FBZHL offers didactical trainings for Doctoral Candidates, Postdocs and Professors at University of Bayreuth. It also provides support on digital teaching.
PD Dr. Frank Meyer
Head of Fortbildungszentrums Hochschullehre
Phone: +49 (0)921 / 55-4637
- Welcome CentreHide
The Welcome Centre is a service unit of the International Office at University of Bayreuth and addresses the needs of international doctoral candidates, Postdocs and Professors at University of Bayreuth.
The CareerService at University of Bayreuth holds seminars, workshops and job fairs for students and doctoral candidates, in which they introduce various career pathways. It also offers w
Head of CareerService
Phone: +49 (0)921 / 55-4660
- Entrepreneurship & InnovationHide
The unit Entrepreneurship & Innovation supports start-ups and spin-offs and arranges contacts in the university for external stakeholders.
- Confidential one-on-one advising
- Support in applying for federal and regional support programs (Flügge, EXIST) and business plan competitions
- Providing contact to experts and start-up consultants in the region
Dr. Andreas Kokott
Start-Up Advising / Property Rights and Filing Patents
Phone: +49 (0)921 / 55-4672
- Writing CentreHide
The Writing Centre offers its services to students and doctoral candidates at University of Bayreuth. Services include workshops, seminars, and individual consultations.
Head of Writing Centre
Phone: +49 (0)921/55-4642
The Ombudsman advises early career scholars of the University of Bayreuth, particularly during their qualification phase, in cases where conflicts or other problems might arise from
- the supervisory relationship between doctoral candidates and their supervisors,
- the relationship between Post-doctoral researchers admitted for habilitation and the Thesis Committee (Fachmentorat), or
- the administrative status and the associated required tasks of a scientific staff member or a Junior Professor.
Both early career researchers as well as the supervising lecturers, as well as the members of the university administration, the dean, committee members and other supervisors may contact the ombudsman for consultation.
The Ombudsman observes the procedural principles for the Ombudsman of the University of Bayreuth. She bases her role on the “Charter of the University of Bayreuth for the Protection of the Standards of Good Scientific Practice and Handling Scientific Misconduct” (only available in German: “Satzung der Universität Bayreuth zur Sicherung der Standards guter wissenschaftlicher Praxis und zum Umgang mit wissenschaftlichem Fehlverhalten”) from May 10th 2012.
- Verfahrensgrundsätze für den Ombudsman für wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchs der Universität Bayreuth (german)
- Ombudsman for Young Scientists at the University of Bayreuth - Procedural Principles (english)
- Satzung der Universität Bayreuth zur Sicherung der Standards guter wissenschaftlicher Praxis und zum Umgang mit wissenschaftlichem Fehlverhalten (german)
- The University of Bayreuth's by-laws for safeguarding the standards of good scientific practice and handling academic misconduct (english)
Ombudsman for Early Career Researchers (Natural Sciences)
Prof. Dr. Heike Feldhaar
Phone: +49 (0)921/55-2645
Ombudsman for Early Career Researchers (Humanities and Social Sciences)
Prof. Dr. Gabriela Paule
Phone: +49 (0)921/55-3633
- The Sprachenzentrum of the University of BayreuthHide
When it comes to teaching foreign languages, the Language Center is the central point of contact for all students and doctoral candidates at the University of Bayreuth. In more than 20 foreign languages, it supports the acquisition of foreign language skills during and integrated into studies.
Highly qualified lecturers, a transparently staggered range of courses that take individual previous knowledge into account, and innovative teaching / learning concepts lead to university-specific degrees.
Foreign language training in Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian leads to UNIcert® qualifications. The certificate examination can be taken in 9 other foreign languages if the level of education is appropriate.
The Languages Media Center supports individual foreign language acquisition with learning materials ranging from print materials and DVDs to the latest language learning software.
You can find all important information about the language center on the website. Current notices as well
at the secretariat of the language center (GW I ground floor, room 0.04) and
on the notice boards in GW I (basement).
Information about the courses cannot be given over the phone.
University of Bayreuth
GW I, Zi. 0.04
Please inform yourself on the SZ homepage.
Office hours: Mo - Fr 9:00 -11:00