*Time and self management for your PhD thesis
03 December 2020
Time: 9:00am - 1:30pm (Online attendance), Approx. 2 hours (Preparation phase, 28 November-02 December 2020), Approx. 2 hours (Transfer phase, 04-08 December 2020)
Registration: until 19 November 2020
for doctoral candidates via BayDOC: https://baydoc.uni-bayreuth.de
Working toward a doctoral degree is challenging, as doctoral students are required to meet several personal or professional demands: they have to plan and master deadlines, solve problems, communicate with colleagues and supervisors and find a balance between work and private life - and they might feel overwhelmed by work.
No matter what stage of their research project they are in, it is possible to counteract: with the use of efficient methods and strategies participants can plan and design the work on their thesis and be able to finish it within a realistic time frame.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- Basic methods for realistic planning - as basis for success
- Methods for the different stages and tasks of a thesis - and for other tasks, that doctoral students individually have to master
- Milestone plan for the thesis - and detailed planning of the next 6 months
- Setting priorities and other standard time management methods
- Self-motivation by goal setting: what comes next - and how can I use that for motivation or volition?
- How to deal with challenges caused by remote work
Participants learn how to develop and install the time- and self-management methods they need to work on their PhD. They acquire a set of methods and strategies for solving current and future time-management challenges.
- To participate you need a laptop or computer with audio / video function (microphone and camera). You also need a stable internet connection.
- You will receive an individual login code for the moodle course room for the workshop 5 days before the online attendance date latest
- Preparation phase - prerequisite for participation: approx. 2 hours, on your own time: in the moodle course room you will find materials and tasks to prepare. If necessary, these tasks are supervised by the trainer.
- On the online attendance date, we will work together on interactive learning situations from 9:00 am to around 1:30 pm (short breaks)
- Transfer phase: approx. 2 hours, on your own time: in the moodle course room you will receive feedback, can ask further questions and exchange ideas with the trainer and the other participants.
Dr. Eva Reichmann advises junior scientists nationwide on career planning issues and supports higher education institutions in the training of junior executives. Owner of beruf & leben GbR.
We would like to draw attention to the offer of the language center to participants who want to improve their English or other languages.
For reasons of respect and fairness towards all participants and the workshop leaders, participants who miss more than 10% of the workshop are considered not to be present. You will therefore not receive a certificate and you will not be able to use the workshop in question to unlock funds or acquire further qualifications.