*How to write a CV in English
21 November 2019
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Registration: until 07 November 2019
for doctoral candidates via BayDOC: https://baydoc.uni-bayreuth.de
This workshop examines the best way to write a CV in English. The course will help you write an impactful personal statement and set out how to best summarise your education and skills, experience and interests.
We will clearly define what you should and should not include on a CV, identify keywords for your particular needs and strong vocabulary to express yourself powerfully. We define methods to tailor your CV, and will look at how to convert your German CV for the international market, whether that be an American-style resume or a British-style CV.
We will illustrate how to make your CV attractive and eye-catching and finally consider references and letters of recommendation.
By the end of the workshop the participants will have learned how to:
- execute a powerful personal profile
- clearly and succinctly summarise their education and skills, experience and interests
- design their CV in an attractive and eye-catching manner
- tailor their CV to their target audience
- manage references and letters of recommendation
Rosalind Bryan, Exeter University BA Modern languages, is a member of SETAR, EATAW and MELTA. Rosalind has been an intercultural trainer for over 25 years. Her experience includes training English Writing and Effective Presentation courses for Arthur Andersen, Writing Skills workshops for BP, Natural Science academic paper proofreading and extensive experience developing skills in the computer sciences sector.
* Anrechenbarkeit der Veranstaltung im Rahmen des Auftaktseminars